Lexiround08 - a multiple PC top-finishing team created by Alex Underhill

5:48 PM 0 Comments




Hey guys, here is a team I took from my good friend Alex Underhill (Lexicon) to finish Top 8 at a PC recently. Alex piloted the team to a Top 8 finish at the Fort Wayne PC the night before the Regional. He also placed 1st twice and Top 4 once at other PCs with it. The team is heavily based on Alex's Nationals team which he is most well-known for.
୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ TOP 8 NO WORLDS ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨
Anyway, the team has some pretty nice content and it is very fun to use, which is why I wanted to give it a shot.











WATER THOSE (Jellicent) (M) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Trick Room
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

If you read my previous article VenuButter and Jelli, you would know that Jellicent is one of my favorite Pokemon and I love using it. To be completely honest, the main reason I asked Alex for this team was because it had Jellicent and Sylveon--two of my favorite Pokemon. The set on this Jellicent is a bit different than the previous one I used: this one had Trick Room instead of Protect to give me an advantage when my opponent's Pokemon were faster than mine. Without Protect, Leftovers would lose a little bit of utility. Alex decided to use Colbur berry so Jellicent could still have a decent matchup against the likes of Bisharp and other Dark-types. The EV spread is almost exactly the same as the one I used before, but this one was taken from Zach.








worst mega (Salamence) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Round
- Return
- Protect

Pretty standard Salamence set right here... wait... is that Round? Round is super fun to use and I used it every opportunity that I could. The mechanics are similar to Pledge mechanics, meaning the second Round user will move directly after the first Round user. One thing I like about Round more than Pledges is that the first move still hits, so you are able to break sashes or attack both of your opponent's Pokemon. You can see a really good representation of Round in my battle against TJ Digiacomo (PsyJ) in the third round of Swiss.









sand poli (Tyranitar) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 84 Def / 4 SpA / 84 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Low Kick
- Protect

This is the same Tyranitar that Alex used at Nationals. Personally I was not a big fan of a slow set with Weakness Policy; I think Choice Scarf Tyranitar fits my style better. If I made changes to this team I would probably use a Scarfed variant and forgo Trick Room on Jellicent for a different move like Icy Wind or Protect. Read Alex's Nationals report for a more in-depth explanation on the EV spread and move choices.








NOT SPECS (Sylveon) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 212 SpA / 12 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Round
- Protect

Sylveon <3333 I nicknamed Sylveon "NOT SPECS" because I think everyone knows I am a huge advocate of Choice Specs Sylveon and it actually caught a few people off guard when they found out that this Sylveon carried Protect. I know it is interesting that Sitrus Berry was used instead of something like Pixie Plate, but the extra bulk that Sitrus Berry provided was much more useful in testing than the extra damage output that Pixie Plate provided. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯








sand ludi (Excadrill) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Focus Sash Excadrill. 252/252. Move along, nothing to see here....







berserk sux (Rotom-Heat) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 84 Def / 36 SpA / 4 SpD / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Safety Goggles is a really cool item on Rotom and it's something I definitely want to look into more. Bypass Rage Powder and burning or damaging threats was super clutch in a lot of games. Although Azumarill is not very popular in the central Florida metagame, I liked knowing that I had a check to the rising usage of Amoonguss + Azumarill leads. Safety Goggles also meant that Rotom would not be taking Sand damage, so that was pretty cool too.




This team is in no way perfect and I believe it was originally built more for the enjoyment of using Round than it was for being a "good" team, but I think Alex has shown that it truly is consistent while also being super fun to use. Of course, all teams have their bad match-ups and flaws, and I am interested to see how Alex updates "Lexiround08" (I came up with the name. Clever, right?) to adjust to new changes in the metagame. As a final note, he's on Pokemon Showdown pretty frequently. If you have questions about the team or recommendations for changes, please let one of us know because we are both open to new ideas! Also if you ever see him online you should let him know that he needs to stop living under a rock and make a Twitter. Thanks for reading. :^)

Kolby Golliher

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments: